This page was last updated on 13-07-2020
First of all: the Fraenck team wishes you all the best for the coming time!
We make our mouth masks in different types and sizes, you can find them here.
At the moment, there are different types of Fraenck mouthguards in circulation. Please read the description carefully to find out which version you own!
- Face mask Loose Elastics. Face mask with detachable elastic (4 hooks), to be worn around the head.
- Face mask Elasticated. Face mask with elastics and one hook, to be worn around the head.
- Face mask Elastic ears. Face mask with thin round elastic, which you wear around your ears.
- Face mask Basic (this page). Face mask with. Fixed straps (no elastic), which you can tie around your head. Without stainless steel nose strip.
New face mask (fixed straps)
We have written this manual with the utmost care, please read it carefully!The face mask comes in a sealed bag. You must wash this face mask
before first use:
Cleaning of the face mask
- The mask can be washed on 60 degrees.
- Face mask can also be washed at 95 degrees. Please note that any print will fade sooner!
- Wash the face mask (e.g. in a pillowcase with zip).
- Leave the mask to dry in a clean place. Do not use again until they are dry.
- Preferably wash the face mask every day. The more intensively it is used, the more often it should be washed.
Putting on the mask
In the following steps, touch only the straps and edges of the mask! Wash your hands before putting on the mask, or wear new protective gloves.
If you can tie your laces blindly, you should also be able to do this (after some practice).
- Grasp the lower straps in both hands and place them around your neck towards the back.
- Put a bow in it.
- Grasp the top straps in both hands and bring them to the back of your head.
- Put a bow in it.
The trick is not to make it too tight (uncomfortable) and not too loose.
Removing the mask
In the following steps, touch only the elastic, the hooks and the edges of the mask!
- It is best to wear protective gloves when taking off the mouth mask, especially when using it intensively.
- Grasp the upper straps with both hands and move them forward.
- Loosen the bow behind your neck.
- Put the mask in a closed (plastic) bag, touch the mask as little as possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Wash the mask according to the instructions above and follow all the steps up to here.
Using of the mask:
- Only touch the mask at the straps and edges.
- Wash the mask immediately or store it carefully (shielded), do not leave it lying around.
- Use the mask as if it were a disposable mask (minus the disposal). Only wash the mask immediately - or store it safely (in a sealed plastic bag), rather than throwing it away.
- Do not use the mask for more than 4 hours at a time, or until the mask becomes damp or dirty. Then store it safely or wash it immediately.
- In case of intensive (contact) use, the mask should be replaced more frequently for a clean version.
Tips for (extra) protection
- Make sure the mask fits your face as well as possible. If the elastic is too loose, try using a knot on the end of the elastic to tighten the connection.
- Make sure that the stainless steel strip is properly bent around your nose. It is in place if you notice that the cap is 'sucked in' when you breathe in.
- You can put an extra filter between the two dust layers. The pattern can be found here.. Dit kan zijn: keukenpapier (1),
or a HEPA filter in shape of a piece of hoover bag*(2). This filter needs to
changed after 4 hour use or more often- depending on the intensity of use.
* Further research indicates that HEPA filters should not be used. See the blog we wrote about.
Here are the most important general tips:
- wash your hands regularly (and properly!)
- Do not touch your face, the mouth mask too (as little as possible)
- Keep as much distance as possible from other people (1.5 metres), even with a mask!
- Avoid large groups of people as much as possible, even with a mask!
- Keep a close eye on the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM nauwlettend in de gaten voor de laatste maatregelen.
Maintenance during/after use
Like any product that is used intensively, this mouthguard will show wear over time.
We therefore recommend, in the case of daily intensive use, to take off 2 or more mask as well, to ensure that you always have a dry mask (after washing) and a backup.
If you have any questions and/or remarks, please let us know! Keep an eye on this page for updates.
Notice to people who want to use this product in the workplace
Ask your supervisor whether this cap may be used! They are not FFP (1-3) certified. We developed them due to the large shortage of these hoods. We cannot guarantee that this mask will provide sufficient protection, but we have carefully researched the types of mask designs that work and the materials that may provide protection.
We make our mouth guards in different shapes and sizes, you can find them here.