This page was last updated on 22-01-2021
First of all: the Fraenck team wishes you all the best!
Our face masks come in different shapes and sizes.
At the moment, there are different types of Fraenck face masks in circulation. Please read the description carefully to find out which version you own!
- VELMA: Face mask on your head. Face mask with fixed elastic and 1 hook, which you wear around your head. Cotton
- ELVY: Face mask for around the ears. Face mask with thin round elastic, which you wear around your ears. Cotton
- FAY: A face mask without a nose strip. Available in two sizes. With a thin elastic fabric that fits comfortably against the skin. With elastic bands that go around the ears. Polyester and cotton -mix
- ISA: A basic type face mask. Most affordable facemask. With or without nosestrip. Polyester and cotton-mix.
We have written this manual with the utmost care, please read it carefully! The mouthguard comes in a sealed bag. You must wash this mouthguard before first use:
Washing the face mask
- The mask, together with the elastics, can be washed at 60 degrees.
- The mouth mask can be washed separately, without elastics, at 95 degrees. Please note that any print will fade sooner!
- Wash the mask (e.g. in a pillowcase with zipper).
- Leave the cap to dry in a clean place. Do not use again until they are dry.
- Preferably wash the mouthguard every day. The more intensively it is used, the more often it should be washed.
- The stainless steel strip inside can be removed, but it is not necessary. It does not hurt to clean it once in a while with soap or disinfectant.
Putting on the mask
In the following steps, only touch the rubber bands and the edges of the mask!
Wash your hands before putting on the mask, or wear new protective gloves.
1. Below in the pictures you can see how the strip should be bent approximately. Shape it a little before you put on the mouth cap. Note: the strip is quite sturdy, so take your time!
2. Grasp the mouth mask by the elastic bands and place it around your ears.
3. Make sure the mouth mask fits your face well, not too tight and not too loose.
4. Is it too loose or too tight? Remove the mouth mask from your face and change the knot in the elastic.
5. Put it back on, it should now sit well on your face.
6. Bend the stainless steel nose strip in the cap tightly around your nose, so your breath does not 'escape' at the top. You have already pre-bent it, so this should be fairly easy now.
Removing the mask
In the following steps, touch only the elastic, the hooks and the edges of the mask!
- It is best to wear protective gloves when taking off the mouth mask, especially during intensive use.
- Grasp the upper elastic band with both hands and move it forward
- Take the hook of the lower elastic and unhook it.
- Place the mask in a sealed (plastic) bag, touch the mask as little as possible.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Wash the cap according to the instructions above and go through all the steps up to here.
Using the mask:
- Only touch the mask at the elastics and edges.
- Wash the mask immediately or store it carefully (shielded), do not leave it anywhere.
- Use the mask as if it were a disposable mask (minus the disposal). Only wash the mask right away - or store it safely (in a closed plastic bag), instead of throwing it away.
- Do not use the mask for more than 4 hours at a time, or until the mask becomes damp or dirty. Then store it safely or wash it immediately.
- Bij intensief (contact) gebruik moet het masker vaker vervangen worden voor een schone versie.
Tips on (extra) protection
- Make sure the mask fits your face as well as possible. If the elastic is too loose, try using a knot on the end of the elastic to tighten the connection.
- Make sure that the stainless steel strip is properly bent around your nose. It is in place if you notice that the cap is 'sucked in' when you breathe in.
- You can put an extra filter between the two layers of dust. The pattern can be found here. This can be: kitchen paper (1),
or a HEPA filter in the form vorm of a hoover bag.*(2). This filter should be changed every 4 hours after use, or more often - depending on the intensity of use.
* Further research indicates that HEPA filters should not be used. See the blog we wrote about this.
Here are the most important general tips:
- Wash your hands regularly (and properly!)
- Do not touch your face, the mouth mask too (as little as possible)
- Keep as much distance as possible from other people (1.5 metres), even with a mask!
- Avoid large groups of people as much as possible, even with a mask!
- Keep a close eye on the National Institute for Public Health and Environment RIVM site for the latest measures.
Maintenance during/after use
Like any product that is used intensively, this mouthguard will show wear over time. It is possible that the elastic becomes slack after 100 uses. This can easily be solved by tying a knot at the end of the elastic.
We raden dan ook aan om in het geval van dagelijks intensief gebruik ook 2 of meer kapjes af te nemen, om zeker te zijn dat je altijd een droog kapje hebt (na het wassen) en een backup hebt.
If you have any questions and/or comments, please let us know! Keep an eye on this page for updates.
Notice to people who want to use this product in the workplace
Ask your supervisor whether this cap may be used! They are not FFP (1-3) certified. We developed them due to the large shortage of these mouth masks. We cannot guarantee that this mask will provide sufficient protection, but we have carefully researched the types of mask designs that work and the materials that may provide protection.
We make our face masks in different shapes and sizes, you can find them here.