This page was last updated on 22-01-2021
First of all: the Fraenck team wishes you all the best!
Our face masks come in different shapes and sizes.
At the moment, there are different types of Fraenck face masks in circulation. Please read the description carefully to find out which version you own!
Face mask on your head. Face mask with fixed elastic and 1 hook, which you wear around your head. Cotton.
ELVY: Face masks which go around the ears. Face mask with thin round elastic, which you wear around your ears. Cotton
- FAY: A mouth mask without a nose strip. Available in two sizes. With a thin elastic fabric that fits snugly against the skin. With elastic bands that go around the ears.
- MAI: Face mask Basic. Most affordable mouthguard. With or without nose strip. Polyester blend.
We have written this manual with the utmost care, please read it carefully! The face mask comes in a sealed plastic bag. You must wash this face mask before first use:
Washing the mouth mask
- The mask can be washed at 60 degrees.
- Wash the mask (e.g. in a pillowcase with zip).
- Leave the mask to dry in a clean place. Do not use again until they are dry.
- Preferably wash the mouthguard every day. The more intensively it is used, the more often it should be washed.
- The stainless steel strip that is inside can be removed, but this is not necessary. It will do no harm to clean it once in a while with soap or disinfectant.
Putting on the mask
In the following steps, touch only the elastic, the hook and the edges of the mask!
Wash your hands before putting on the mask, or wear new protective gloves.
1. Below in the pictures you can see how the strip should be bent approximately. Shape it a little before you put on the mouth cap. Note: the strip is quite sturdy, so take your time!
2. Grasp the side of the mask by the loop and the hook by the elastic with your other hand.
3.Place the mask under your chin, on your chest, wrap the elastic around your neck and attach the hook to the loop. Pull firmly on the elastic so that you can see what you are doing.
4. Grasp the top elastic band with both hands and wrap it around your head.
5. Grasp the metal strip with both hands (only at the top) and shape it around your nose.
6. Position the mask only by holding the ends of the mask (the edges). Make sure it covers your nose, mouth and chin well. Bend the stainless steel strip slightly so it follows the shape of your nose and cheekbones. You already pre-shaped it in step 1, so this should be fairly easy.
Hieronder in videovorm hoe je hem om kan doen:
Removing the mask
In the following steps, touch only the elastic, the hooks and the edges of the mask!
- It is best to wear protective gloves when taking off the mouth mask, especially during intensive use.
- Grasp the upper elastic band with both hands and move it forward
- Take the hook of the lower elastic and unhook it.
- Place the mask in a sealed (plastic) bag, touch the mask as little as possible
- Wash your hands thoroughly
- Wash the cap according to the instructions above and go through all the steps up to here.
Using the mask:
- Only touch the mask at the elastics and edges.
- The mask should be washed immediately or stored carefully (in a protected place), not left lying around.
- Use the mask as if it were a disposable mask (minus disposal).Only wash the mask immediately - or store it safely (in a sealed plastic bag), rather than throwing it away.
- Do not use the mask for more than 4 hours at a time, or until the mask becomes damp or dirty. Then store it safely or wash it immediately.
- In case of intensive (contact) use, the mask should be replaced more frequently for a clean version.
Tips for (extra) protection
- Make sure the mask fits your face as well as possible. If the elastic is too loose, try using a knot on the end of the elastic to tighten the connection.
- Make sure that the stainless steel strip is properly bent around your nose. It is in place if you notice that the mask is 'sucked in' when you breathe in.
- You can put an extra filter between the two layers of dust. The pattern you find it here. This can be: kitchen paper (1),
or a HEPA filter in the form of a piece of a hoovererbag*(2). This filter should be changed every 4 hours after use, or more often - depending on the intensity of use.
* Further research shows that HEPA filters should not be used.See the blog we wrote about this.
Here are the most important general tips::
- Wash your hands regularly (and properly!)
- Do not touch your face, the mouth mask too (as little as possible)
- Keep as much distance as possible from other people (1.5 metres), even with a mask!
- Avoid large groups of people as much as possible, even with a mask!
- Keep a close eye on the National Institute of public Health and Environment RIVM site for the latest measures
Maintenance during / after use
Like any product that is used intensively, this mouth mask will show wear over time. It is possible that the elastic becomes slack after 100 uses. This can easily be solved by tying a knot at the end of the elastic.
We recommend to take off 2 or more caps in case of daily intensive use, to be sure you always have a dry cap (after washing) and a backup.
If you have any questions and/or remarks, please let us know! Keep an eye on this page for updates
Notice to people who want to use this product in the workplace
Ask your supervisor whether this cap may be used! They are not FFP (1-3) certified. We developed them due to the large shortage of these masks. We cannot guarantee that this mask will provide sufficient protection, but we have carefully researched the types of mask designs that work and the materials that may provide protection.
We make our face masks in different shapes and sizes, you can find them here.